So are you one of the many individuals that made a resolution to get fit and healthy in 2016? Have you stuck to that resolution or have you fallen short of your goals and decided to throw in the towel already? If you have kept that promise to yourself and are making strides, great job! If you’ve thrown in the towel, it’s not too late to refocus. On average, it takes the average person 21-66 to form a habit so you still have time. Here are a few suggestions to meet that goal a reality:
- Set Realistic Goals: Set realistic and attainable goals for yourself. Losing 50 pounds may sound unattainable and may set yourself up for failure. However, if you break the weight loss down to smaller, more realistic goals, you will be more apt to stick with your goals since you will be able to reach your goals.
- Join a Gym: This will give you a safe and comfortable environment to workout in.
- Hire a Personal Trainer: trainers are knowledgeable and will be able to assist you with your goals. In addition, they will help you with accountability lessening your chances of not working our.
- Schedule Your Workout: Chances are that if you block off a time to workout, you will make your appointment with yourself. If you do not schedule time, you will come up with excuses for why you cannot fit a workout into your day.
- Treat Yourself: As your reach your goals, treat yourself to a NON food item. Non food item treats such as a massage or purchasing that special item that you have been eyeing will give you something to look forward to when your reach your next goal without sabotaging your accomplishments at the gym.
- Stick With It: If you fall off the wagon, don’t beat yourself. Simply get back up and keep going.
Remember, it takes 21-66 days to form a habit, so do not quit on yourself. Give yourself time. It will be worth the effort!